Thursday, January 17, 2013

Survived Alone!!

Jay had to be gone all day today from 6:30 to 7:30.  I have to admit, I was really nervous to brave it on my own.  I was so grateful to have Jay's mom come help for the morning.  She is such a God send and has such a special way with Daniel.  She truly helped me keep my sanity.  God was good in that Lydia slept until 7:30, only waking up two times and Daniel slept until 8:30.  I was able to send the kids off to school, drink a cup of coffee and have a quiet time!  Huge blessing!  We finally figured out a tactic for getting Lydia down to sleep.  We put a twin mattress down on the floor next to the double mattress and Jay and I layed down with both the kids.  She cried for a little bit but fell asleep relatively quickly and slept without coming into our bed.  I think the crib was freaking her out so we are doing things African style now. Praise God for giving us the wisdom to give it a try.  A couple of things that gave us a laugh are; While putting them down tonight Sally and I were singing Jesus Loves Me as I do every night, and she was singing along with us interjecting words like know, so strong.  It was so precious! She already knows the song and hopefully will know that Jesus truly loves her more than she can imagine!  While I was lubing Daniel up with cream after his bath, he lifted up his legs revealing his bare bottom and tooted really loud....stinky, but we both got a good laugh out of it.  I have to say, God really showed himself faithful to me today.  It was definitely the hardest day for me without Jay, but I had a lot of support.  After Jay's mom left, later in the afternoon my dear friend came and organized the kids closet, removing the too small clothes and replacing them with the clothes that fit.  What a breath of fresh air!  She was so patient with Daniel who needed to touch every piece of clothing that was his and point to himself every time she put it in a pile.  What an amazing friend!!  Also, Daniel and I had a bit of a melt down at about 4:00.  He craves attention so desperately that he does negative behavior to get us to focus on him.  This is so difficult when the other kids are coming home from school and I want to hear about their days.  My dear friend called me at just the right time and prayed with me over the phone.  I took Daniel for a drive and we both calmed down and were ready for dinner.  My sister-in-law called to check on me as well.  The support system we have is overwhelming!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,

    Mom told of the date he has to be with you next week. I will be bringing her and leave the next morning-Monday. I am looking forward to meeting Lydia and Daniel.Glad to hear things are better with an oasis in the journey. I hope Lydia ans Daniel adapt to us for the moment we or I am there without any problems.
    Love to you all and see you a week for today. We will leave right after church is over on Sunday.

    Dad Hall ( aka Bumpa- do they have a word for that in Lingala ?)

    ReplyDelete