Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Every day gets better!

Hi All!  Well, I am going to try to post something but I have to warn you I don't know how coherent it will be.  I am exhausted!  I know we were called to do this, but it doesn't make it easier right now.  Jay continues to remind me that every day gets better and I know it does, but in the middle of it it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have decided to follow the example of a dear friend and start a blessing notebook so I am aware of  the way God is showing himself to us in the midst of it all.  Here are some of the blessings:  Daniel loves to look at pictures, especially pictures from Africa.  He looks at the picture, then points to himself.  I  know he is trying to figure it all out and figure out how he fits into all of this.  It is a joy to see him find comfort in the pictures.  Both of the children love the bath and we get the most amazing giggles during that time.  We all had a good laugh last night when I was singing to Lydia to help her get to sleep and she whispered "Mbuyo" at me.  She is really fighting sleep.  I think she is afraid to sleep for some reason, which makes me sad. She is restless all night long. After a 45 minute battle, I came down to a cup of tea waiting for me compliments of Charlie and Jack. Daniel actually wanted to leave Jay and come with me to pick up Charlie at the ski hill and I got a hug out of it too!  Jay has been a huge blessing.  He has such an amazing intuition of knowing the best way to help the littles adjust.  I am jealous!  So glad to be on this journey with him.  I know I couldn't do it without him!!  He always sees the positive!  Finally, the other morning I woke up after a long night without sleep and found a note from Sally with a Bible verse written out: "Do you know? Have you heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31
I am clinging to this!  God is so good to give me a daughter that points me back to him!










We appreciate so much the meals and encouragement from everyone!! We are hoping we don't gain a lot of weight!! Please continue to pray for us to settle into a routine.  I know it's still early, but it would be so helpful for me.  And also that Lydia would fine peace and be able to rest and sleep soundly.  I need to get to bed!!  Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. Their faces at the piano are killin' me. I could make this a screen saver and it would make me laugh every day. Thankful that you and Jay have each other. Your marriage is a blessing to all of us. My prayer is that God would place a hedge of protection around it always. Your big kids are amazing and love and admire you both so much for glorifying God with your lives. Your actions speak more than words could ever. Oh if we could all speak that language, it would be a slice of heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete