Saturday, January 26, 2013

LIfe is OK

So, every morning I wake up with a little pit in my stomach remembering that this is still my life and I have to face another day in the grind. But every afternoon I realize, "Hey, life is OK!" We're figuring this out!  It kind of feels like the movie Groundhogs Day.  Daniel and Lydia have really warmed up to the older kids and want to play with them which is really nice. They're getting used to the big kids coming and going and are excited to see them walk in the door when they come home from one of their events.  They absolutely love their play kitchen downstairs.  They play with it for a half hour at a time sometimes. We are also getting a lot of use out of our lower basement.  They will throw and chase balls and ride the tyke bike around.  While Jay and I, Sally and Jack were playing with them Jay was wrestling with Jack and Daniel jumped on top of them.  Daniel had a belly laugh that was so contagious!  I stopped and looked at him and thought to myself, " I wonder if his birth mom ever got to listen to that laugh".  It's hard to believe it was just six months ago that he was found and I don't imagine there was a lot to laugh about.  Thank you, Jesus for giving me your eyes for just a moment.  I pray for both their birth moms and hope that somehow they know that their little ones are safe and loved and well cared for if they are alive.  Maybe I'll meet them in Heaven some day and we can enjoy his laugh together. 
Another thing that has been a blessing in parenting little ones again is that Jay and I have matured so much in our relationship.  I remember when the older kids were little, if Jay got to do something or go out, I wanted my time too.  Or if I got up all night with one of them, I would let him know about it so he would feel guilty for getting a good night's sleep.  Little things that I am ashamed to admit. But this time around, we are both looking out for the other, trying to give each other time to get out or do something with one of the older kids. Recognizing when one needs sleep and offering to get up.  We are on this hard journey together and are both more willing to sacrifice for the other.  God has strengthened us for this difficult time.  No, we don't have the perfect marriage.  We still get irritated with each other, and have different ideas of how we should handle situations, but overall God has blessed us with a nice rhythm together right now.





Here's a few more pictures.  Sally came downstairs today and I was picking things up.  I came across a dirty sock and stuck it in my wasteband so I would remember to bring it upstairs to the laundry.  It did look a little funny and Sally got a good laugh because I was just going about my business thinking nothing of it.  She snapped a picture, so I am humbly sharing it with you along with some good pics of the kiddos.  Good night!

4 comments:

  1. You had to go to great lengths to get these children and I know you wouldn't take it back for anything....I see the dedication, devotion and love that you have for these 2 and I know that you could not imagine life without them. They are our family to love forever.....and we sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim They are beautiful and so are you! (sock and all;-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all the updates. So happy for your family. Many blessings and well wishes always. Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete