Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Room Time

So I am in the middle of our room time where the kids read books and hang out.  The idea is that I don't want them to nap but I want them to have some down time and eventually they will be in their room and I will be out!  I take some time to work on my computer while they are around and it is starting to work out pretty good.  We have been in the room for about 1/2 hour now and I think they really want to nap.  This goes against everything within me to not put them down, but bedtime is so nice at 7:00.  We had probably the best day yet yesterday.  We had a play date in the morning and had a lot of fun together in the afternoon.  They didn't melt down too badly and Daniel was more happy than angry!  He is making great strides, trying to talk more and seeking attention in positive ways.  As I thought about this I realized this change in him came about the same time I committed to God that I would choose joy instead of focusing on the negative.  Hmmm...coincidence?  I think not.  I realized I was probably unintentionally projecting a feeling of insecurity or irritation with Daniel and he was picking up on that.  Now that I am relaxing and focusing on the good, laughing and truly playing with both of the kids, they are responding in kind.  Or maybe I"m just recognizing what I could not see.  Anyway, I think we have turned a corner.  I am  not waking up with a pit in my stomach or dreading the day.  I know I am where God wants me to be! It's still not easy but it's not as daunting. I found a pair of boots on clearance for Daniel so hopefully we'll have some fun playing in the snow tomorrow!  Here's a picture I just took.  They just said "night, night" and laid down with their blankies!! No worries, they did not fall asleep.  We had a good 10 minutes of videoing them doing patty cake and acting silly then watching it.   Blessings dear friends!  Choose joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment